Product Highlight: Ovation Medical Game Changer Knee Brace
Product highlights from Elite Medical Supply will provide educational information on the recommended usages for each product that we carry. Today on the blog, we are featuring the Ovation Medical Game Changer knee brace.
What is the Game Changer OA knee brace?
Indicated for persons with unicompartmental knee osteoarthritis (OA), unloader braces offer mechanical intervention designed to reduce pain, improve physical function, and possibly slow disease progression. The slim fitting brace design can be comfortably worn under pants or shorts.
How does the Game Changer OA knee brace work?
The Game Changer OA knee brace offers superior relief for knee osteoarthritic pain. The single upright hinge design is comfortable, lightweight, and functional. It treats both medial and lateral knee pain while being easy to apply.
The brace is worn on the outside (lateral) of the knee for both medial and lateral unloading applications.
- Medial Off-Loading is achieved by unloading the inside of the knee joint. The brace is set for this application by turning the off-loading key clockwise. This will place pressure on the outside of the knee joint which opens up the inside of the knee joint relieving pressure.
- Lateral Off-Loading is achieved by unloading the outside of the knee joint. The brace is set for this application by turning the off-loading key counter-clockwise. This will place pressure on the inside of the knee joint which opens up the outside of the knee joint relieving pressure.
To better understand how the Game Changer OA knee brace works, let's review how unicompartmental OA affects the knee.
Osteoarthritis is a condition that causes cartilage within the joints to break down which can result in pain during movement of the joint and inflammation. Even though OA does not currently have a cure, there are a combination of effective strategies available to improve the symptoms.
One option is to use an OA unloader knee brace. The brace works as it's name implies, by unloading (also referred to as off-loading) the pressure on the knee joint weakened by OA. We go into greater detail about how OA knee braces work in our blog What Does An Osteoarthritis Knee Brace Do?
Who can benefit from using the Game Changer OA knee brace?
The Game Changer OA knee brace is not only for patients with osteoarthritic knee pain. It is also beneficial to patients with the following:
- Medial/Lateral Compartment OA Pain
- Unicompartmental Knee Osteoarthritis
You can read more about managing osteoarthritis progression with a quality knee brace in our blog article by clicking here. As always, consult with your doctor to determine if the Ovation Medical Game Changer OA Knee Brace is the best knee brace for you.
How often should you wear the Game Changer OA knee brace?
The Game Changer OA knee brace is intended to get patients back to as much activity as possible. It is recommended to wear the Game Changer between 30 and 60 minutes daily during the first week and gradually increase the duration each day going forward.
Usual activities such as riding your bike, taking walks, gardening, tennis, golf, or any other activity should be done as long as the patient remains comfortable and pain free.
Patients can expect clinically relevant OA pain relief and improvement of knee function over time. The goal of the Game Changer is to help patients get their life back.
Ovation Medical has collected OA bracing studies that illustrate the clinical efficacy of mediating pain relief prior to considering surgery. You can read about those studies here.
Other Instructions for Use
The Ovation Medical Game Changer OA knee brace can be worn directly on the skin or over your clothes. It is recommended to wear the knee brace directly on the skin for the best recovery outcome. The knee brace comes in a universal size and is ordered specifically for the left or right knee.
A suspension wrap is available to aid in wearing the knee brace. The suspension wrap aids with keeping the knee brace in place on your leg. This is useful if you notice the knee brace sliding up or down during your daily activities.
We're Here to Help
Medicare Beneficiary Eligibility Lookup
Enter your ZIP Code to determine if you are in a location where we provide bracing products as a Medicare covered benefit.
- Knee Braces (29)
- Back Braces (27)
- Medicare Beneficiaries (25)
- Pain (19)
- Medical Providers (16)
- Non-Opioid (16)
- Product Highlight (9)
- Working with your doctor (6)
- Bone Growth Stimulator Therapy (4)
- Bone Growth Stimulators (4)
- Sciatica (4)
- Wrist Pain (4)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (3)
- Decompression (3)
- Wrist Brace (3)
- wrist tendinitis (3)
- Braces for Golf (2)
- Electrical Stimulation (2)
- Failed Spinal Fusion Syndrome (2)
- Fracture healing (2)
- Kyphosis (2)
- Lumbar Spinal Stenosis (2)
- Muscle Spasms (2)
- Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES) (2)
- Total Knee Replacement (2)
- Unicompartmental Osteoarthritis (OA) (2)
- Wrist Braces (2)
- Arthritis (1)
- Bulging or herniated disc (1)
- De Quervain Syndrome (1)
- Degenerative disc disease (1)
- Digital DME Orders (1)
- Herniated Nucleus Pulposus (1)
- Knee Brace Accessory (1)
- Knee Suspension Wrap (1)
- Muscle Atrophy (1)
- PCL (1)
- SI Joint (1)
- Spinal Stenosis (1)
- Ulnar Tendinitis (1)