Product Highlight: The Elite Air Decompression LSO
Product highlights from Elite Medical Supply will provide educational information on the recommended usages for each product that we carry. Today on the blog, we are featuring the Elite Air Decompression LSO.
What is the Elite Air Decompression LSO?
Indicated for patients with low back pain, the Elite Air Decompression LSO is a unique back brace aimed at providing support and relieving pain. It is called an LSO (lumbar sacral orthosis) because it anatomically provides support from the start of your low back all the way to your tailbone.
How does the Elite Air Decompression LSO work?
The Elite Air Decompression LSO combines properties of both support and decompression to achieve its goals of stability, pain relief, and muscle spasm reduction.
- Support and Stability is achieved through the panels that come with the back brace. These 2 rigid panels (1 in front, 1 in back) restrict movement and provide support. They can be added or removed, as needed, based on patient progression and recovery.
- Decompression is achieved with adjustable inflation through a small air pump provided with purchase. It takes pressure off of the painful area (for example, at the site of a bulging disc) and can provide almost 8 inches of expansion! This relief of pressure allows the muscles to calm down and can lead to reduced muscle spasming.
To better understand how decompression works, let’s break down the anatomy of a bulging disc, one of the most common indications for the Elite Air Decompression LSO.
A bulging or herniated disc occurs when the disc between the vertebrae of our spine protrudes further than it should. This can place pressure on the nerves that exit the spine and cause pain.
- Before treatment with the Elite Air Decompression LSO, the bulging disc puts pressure on the nerves of your low back.
- During and after use with the Elite Air Decompression LSO, the decompression increases space between the vertebrae of your spine, thereby, reducing pressure on the nerves of the low back.
Who can benefit from using the Elite Air Decompression LSO?
The Elite Air Decompression LSO is not only for patients with bulging or herniated discs. It is also beneficial to patients with the following:
- Burst fractures
- Degenerative disc disease
- Spinal stenosis
- Spondylolysis & Spondylolisthesis
- Post-operative recovery
As always, consult with your doctor to determine if the Elite Air Decompression LSO is the best back brace for you.
How often should you wear the Elite Air Decompression LSO?
It is recommended to wear the Elite Air Decompression LSO in 4 hour intervals (2 hours on, 2 hours off, repeat).
Other Instructions for Use
The Elite Air Decompression LSO can be worn directly on the skin or over your clothes. It comes in six different sizes and also comes with an extender panel that increases the circumference up to 8 inches. Make sure to get the brace appropriately fitted for you and your body.
Try applying a heat pack to your lower back before commencing a decompression treatment. The heat helps loosen tight muscles. Other instructions for use can be found in the Elite Air Decompression LSO Manual.
Elite Medical Supply proudly carries the Elite Air Decompression LSO to support your recovery. Contact us today so that we may help you fulfill your back brace needs.
Medicare Beneficiary Eligibility Lookup
Enter your ZIP Code to determine if you are in a location where we provide bracing products as a Medicare covered benefit.
- Knee Braces (28)
- Back Braces (27)
- Medicare Beneficiaries (16)
- Medical Providers (11)
- Pain (8)
- Working with your doctor (6)
- Non-Opioid (5)
- Sciatica (4)
- Decompression (3)
- Product Highlight (3)
- Braces for Golf (2)
- Kyphosis (2)
- Lumbar Spinal Stenosis (2)
- Total Knee Replacement (2)
- Bulging or herniated disc (1)
- Degenerative disc disease (1)
- Digital DME Orders (1)
- Herniated Nucleus Pulposus (1)
- PCL (1)
- SI Joint (1)
- Spinal Stenosis (1)
- Unicompartmental Osteoarthritis (OA) (1)